Tuesday 20 March 2007

A fascinating new insight to YTA105L's history

Now that the BOC has attributed YTA105L to me in their database, I get a view of all the data they retain on my chassis number in their system - and a lot has been revealed!

I can now identify many more of the custodians of the car previous to me:
  • From ca 1972 (first registration) to ca 1981 - E D Birch (reg'n 86 EBJ)
  • From ca 1981 to ca 1983 - R J Russell of Somerset (reg'n NHW300L)
  • During 1983 - H S Howe of Devon (reg'n HSH444)
  • From ca 1983 to ca 1988 - Sophia Wilson
  • From 9 May 1988 to 19 April 2004 - W R Pickering of London, then Dorset (bought from Bristol Cars Ltd. on reg'n YTA105L)
  • From 19 April 2004 to 30 April 2006 - G Wilson of Kent
  • From 30 April 2006 to 13 February 2007 - T Visser of Surrey

Now this seems to fill in the gaps between 1977 and 1988, but still only identifies 7 keepers before me, whereas the V5 shows that there were 10. So still some assumptions made above would be my guess, probably where the timings of handovers are vague.

If anyone knows anything I'd love to hear from you - e-mail address at the bottom of the page.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
I wonder if missing owners could be accounted for in 1 or more cases by a dealer registering it for the period of ownership.

Author said...

Thanks for your comment. This could provide an explanation. The other is that it passed to another family member during owndership. Another yet is that changng registration plate adds a keeper. Or there is my original supposition, which is that neither the BOC or I know all of the keepers because not all dates of transfer are visible. I'll keep investigating.