Tuesday 20 February 2007

Collection!

Having spent some time trying to buy this car - some 10 months in total, under two owners - enough had been done to win custodianship on 17th Februry 2007 and I called Andrew Blow to arrange collection.

I have been over the car on three previous occasions so there was not much for Andrew to show me, plus after such a long period of temptation I was keen to set off on my hour or so drive home.

An uneventful journey back to Windsor. The car impressed with its comfort at motorway cruising speeds and ability to accelerate into gaps as they revealed themselves on a fairly heavily trafficked but fast moving road.

Car now parked up in my drive - filling every inch of it! - the only concern was some grinding over speed bumps as I took some friends out later that day. That said, I have had many cars do that with no real damage done. I also inspected under this car at Spencer Lane-Jones' before purchase and can confirm it has seen the sump guard touch tarmac before, so I am not duly concerned. I'll make sure to check all fluids before I go out next anyway.

And that will be a trip up to Cambridge this weekend for a family function and to show the car off to some friends. A bit further than the trip from Marlborough to Windsor, it will allow me to get to know the car better and start to get a feel for how much it is going to cost to fuel the beast!

1 comment:

noonehere said...

'elo, 'elo is that 'endry of the yard