Wednesday 21 February 2007

First running report

My mileage so far: 75?
Total mileage: 91,156
Costs since last report: £243
Total costs so far: £243

When I picked up the keys from Andrew Blow at the weekend, he made me aware that although the car came with two sets, one of the bunches was missing the key for the fuel cap. Aware I could mislay a set while out and be stuck without the means to open the fuel cap to re-fill, I decided to go and get a spare cut at my local Timpson. I also noticed that one of my boot keys was bent and cracked and liable to snap off in the lock, so got that copied too. £8 later and I now have peace of mind that if I lose a set, I have replacements at home; also that the two sets I have are both fair quality and less likely to snap off in locks. It was only of slight annoyance that when I got into the house I then realised that the spare set DID have a fuel filler key on it after all! Oh well...

This modest cost adds to what I spent with Spencer Lane-Jones having an inspection of the car done before purchase to warn me of expense ahead. £235 well spent, as I am sure I will get this back many times over through being able to replace things before they break.

No comments: